Write the outline and annotated bibliography for a 700-1,000 word expository essay about a 21st century social issue. An expository essay requires the writer to investigate an idea, evaluate evidence, expound on the idea, and set forth a clear and concise argument. Expository essays are commonly written as compare/contrast, definition, example, or cause and effect.
Choose a topic and an essay type (compare/contrast, definition, example, cause & effect).
Write an annotated bibliography for your outline. There should be at least 5 sources, and the annotations should be no less than 100 words each.
Now you created an outline and annotated bibliography for a 700-1,000 word expository paper about a 21st century social issue. This week you will submit the final draft of that paper.
Before you submit your paper, be sure to proofread carefully, ensure you have formatted your paper according to APA standards, and included a References page and in-text citations for all of your sources.
Checklist for your paper:
- 12 pt. Times New Roman font
- Double spacing
- References page containing the sources you referred to in your paper
- In-text citations for each of the sources you used
- 700-1,000 words in length (no more, no less)
- Contains a thesis statement
- Is specific and confident
- Avoided first and second person pronouns (I, me, we, us, you, your) when possible
- Avoided unsupported emotional language