GENERAL PROFILE OF COUNTRY
Use this website–https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/economies/ and if needed http://hdr.undp.org/en/countries-and other sources on the internet to gather data from your country to answer the following questions (please donâ€™t repeat these questions verbatim in the text of you profile):
- Why did you pick this country to profile?
- What WHO region is it in? What is its income level (low; low/middle; upper/middle; high)? To find a countryâ€™s designated income level by the World Bank so you can compare trends (see below, questions), please see â€œCountries by income levelâ€ under â€œCountry Profile Guidanceâ€ under â€œAssignments Overviewâ€ on Blackboard.
- Whatâ€™s the total population? What percentage/how many are aged 65 and above? What percentage/how many are aged younger than 15? What percentage of the working population are dependent people? What is your countryâ€™s unemployment rate? Among men? Among women? What is the male and female labor force participation rate? Explain how the distribution of the age of the population and its employment may have an impact on supporting NCD and emerging health issues prevention programs and programs for the elderly?
- What percent of the total population is urban and rural? How will this percent have an impact on supporting NCD and emerging health issues in your country?
- Literacy rate among women? What is the legal status of girlsâ€™ education in your country? How will this impact on the health of the countryâ€™s population?
- What is the legal status of early marriage? What is legally the earliest age a young woman can get married? How will this impact on the health of the countryâ€™s population?
- What is your civil liberties index? What is your government effectiveness index? How stable or fragile is your country in the context of political transitions/elections, civil unrest, economic/market dynamics, outbreaks, famines, internal migrations, etc.? What percentage of the GDP is spent on the military? Please describe what is going on in your country that could impact on the quality and quantity of health services being provided, and impact on the health status of your population? If possible, find out what â€œscoreâ€ your country receives in stability/fragility and why.
- How diverse is your country with regards to ethnic groups, religions, languages, indigenous populations? What is the mobile phone subscriber per 100 people? What is the mobile network coverage in your country? How would the answers on the diversity of your country and the mobile phone use impact your mass media and advocacy activities?
- Whatâ€™s the total Gross Domestic Product of your country? What is its per capita income (per person)?What is the nationâ€™s poverty line? How much of the population (% and number) lives under the countryâ€™s poverty line? How will this impact on the health of the countryâ€™s population?
- What percentage of your countryâ€™s GDP is spent on providing health care? Is there a national health care insurance program in place? How is that percentage allocated among categories of health care (e.g., HIV/AIDs, NCDs, mental health, etc.)? How will this effect health programming?
- What is your countryâ€™s happiness index? Is this an accurate summary of peopleâ€™s health care in your country? Why or why not?
- Whatâ€™s the life expectancy of men? Of women? Explain how these expectancies may have an impact on supporting NCD and emerging health issues prevention programs and programs for the elderly.
- How many women/what percentages of your â€œparliamentariansâ€ are women? How would this impact on health policies in your country?
- What is the foreign aid picture in your country? How much foreign aid does it receive (at least from the US Government) and how much of that goes to health programs? How would that impact health programming?
(please continue read attached)