1. Watch the film: “Anthropocene: The Human Epoch: How Humans Have Impacted the Planet”. The video is available through the USF library. https://usf.kanopy.com/video/anthropocene-human-epoch-0 (Links to an external site.)
2. Write a discussion post that addresses the following questions:
- What is the Anthropocene and what caused it? What are the effects on humans, non-human animals, and plants? Include one specific example for each.
- How does this relate to the reading and discussion for multi-species ethnography?
- What are the implications of population growth as discussed in the film?
- Explain some of the animal conservation efforts discussed in the film.
- What is the purpose of “destroying the ivory”
3. Respond to at least two other classmates.