Please note that the task is grade 8 level. Below is attached the reflection log broken down into parts. Part 1 & 2 is completed and the 2 warriors have been picked. After obtaining information about warriors and filling out the questions and citations used a paragraph outlining what was found will be written.
From all the information gathered an infographic needs to be done. This is a one page visual presentation of the information gathered.
Throughout this unit, we have looked at many ways civilizations engaged in fighting – both internally and externally. In addition, we have focused on making unexpected connections between ideas and organizing information to formulate an argument. Now it is time to put these skills into action and compare Ancient Warriors.
- Research and present on two Ancient Warriors : WARRIORS ARE SAMURAI (BEFORE FIREARMS) AND SPARTANS (CIRCA 9TH CENTURY BC, 196 BC)
- No battles can have actually happened in history!
- Be unique with your battle selection! Challenge yourself to pick very different warriors.
- Gather information and formulate an argument answering why would Warrior A beat Warrior B in a battle?
- For your argument: assume there are approximately the same number of soldiers on each side and the battle is on neutral grounds.
- Criteria to include: technology, strategies, weaponry, armour, training
- All your work must be organized in the Research Log provided, including the use of the â€œdrawing conclusionsâ€ chart.
- Create a digital infographic presentation to share your conclusion
REFLECTION LOG: I HAVE COMPLETED PART 1 & 2!
Organizing your Research:
Part 1: Action Plan
Start Date: April 7/2020
Due Date for Research: May 1/2020
Strategies I will use to complete:
Part 2: Your Topics
After you locate your sources, record the useful information they contain here.
Remember to use at least one database source and one book source!
*4 is the minimum number of sources, if you use more sources, copy and paste more tables below.
Your Works Cited List:
Part 3: Your Conclusion
Organize your research into the drawing conclusions graphic organizer we used in class. The conclusion you reach needs to answer why would Warrior â€œAâ€ beat Warrior â€œBâ€ in a battle?
â†“ â†“ â†“ â†“
Why would Warrior â€œAâ€ beat Warrior â€œBâ€ in a battle?
Link to your presentation: Insert a link to your presentation here! (Make sure the settings are changed so I can view the document!)
Your Reflection & Self-Assessment:
After you have finished all other work for this project, you will be asked to reflect on your learning experience.
Research Log & Reflection: Criteria B (below)
Presentation & Citations: Criteria C
Conclusion: Criteria D
Complete a self-assessment by highlighting the strands of the rubric you believe you achieved. Justify your scores below.
Justification of scores: